Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy
From November 2019 to January 2021, RLA supported the Office of Infectious Disease and HIV/AIDS Policy (OIDP) in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Health to write and produce three national strategic plans to combat Sexually Transmitted Infections, Viral Hepatitis, and HIV. These plans were released in December 2020 and January 2021.
How We Helped
This project required the RLA team to
- generate outlines to help structure each plan,
- provide critical feedback on the logic, substance, and expression of each plan’s elements,
- collect, analyze, and synthesize epidemiologic data in coordination with public health subject matter experts from OIDP and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
- support subject matter experts in drafting content,
- engage design team to create common design template with a more modern “feel” than traditional federal government reports,
- work with design team to develop graphics such as heat maps, line and bar graphs, and tables to present epidemiologic data clearly, as well as images and concepts for social media posts,
- collate and integrate feedback on iterative drafts from the plans’ Steering Committees, the public, and federal agencies through the formal clearance process,
- provide professional copyediting and proofreading services,
- ensure Section 508 compliance of PDF versions of plans for posting to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website,
- create timelines and coordination protocols to guide staggered work schedules for the three plans,
- lead weekly check-in meetings with OIDP to monitor and manage progress on each plan, and
- host and organize all collaborative materials on RLA’s secure internal SharePoint site.
During the second phase of this project, RLA will support development of the Federal Implementation Plan for each strategic plan.
Work Products and Links
Sexually Transmitted Infections National Strategic Plan for the United States: 2021-2025
Viral Hepatitis National Strategic Plan for the United States: A Roadmap to Elimination 2021-2025
HIV National Strategic Plan for the United States: A Roadmap to Elimination 2021-2025